Friday, November 13, 2009

Girls Weekend in Palo Alto

It’s been a while so let the catching up begin…To mark the final, final end of my summer break, my mom, my aunt and I went to Palo Alto to spend a weekend together. Last Christmas, my dad gave us the most recent Maya Angelou book, “Letters to My Daughter”. We were to read the book and discuss it over the weekend. I had planned to read it in advance but did not because…(insert excuse here). So I resorted to reading it between shopping trips, lunch, and dinner. It was a great easy read and by the end of it day, I was mad I hadn’t taken more time to finish the book. The Stanford Mall and downtown Menlo Park is one of my mom's favorite shopping spots. So other than discussing the book we embarked on a journey with mission to shop until we dropped and eat until we couldn't see our feet (I know that was a bit corny =)).





My mom and me shoe shopping!





Lunch after some serious shopping.


Aunt Robbie and her "sassy" shoes. We tried to talk her into buying these but she didn't =(



My mom and my aunt are two of the most influential women in my life. They have taught me so much about confidence, the Lord’s love for me as a women, integrity, and education. I absolutely would not be the woman I am today without them! They have molded me and loved me unconditionally and I appreciate them for that. We had a WONDERFUL day together. Thanks mom for treating Aunt Robbie and I to the hotel, lunch, dinner, and dessert!




I LOVE these two women!!




When I got home, they were doing this.
So, so sweet!
David spent the weekend with Jadon while I was gone. Thank goodness Grandma Shabaglian was visiting so she was able to give David some breaks from “daddy –duty”.


...I promise to read my book in advance before our next girls weekend!






2 comments:

  1. Good update! Hope to catch up with you guys again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARRIS!!! My sweet friend! How is it that I am just finding out that you have a blog? Well, now that I know about it, I am going to be "following" you! Jadon is so so precious- what a cutie! He looks very active as well!

    what a fun time for you to spend with your mom and aunt- girl time :-)

    ReplyDelete