Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hall of Fame


Over the weekend one of my dearest friends was inducted into the Hall of Fame for collegiate sports at UC Davis. I was lucky enough to attend the ceremony to watch her accept the prestegious award. In addition to being at the ceremony, I got to catch up with some old track buddies! It was so nice to see them and reminisce about life as an undergrad, going to track practice everyday, the pain we felt at practice, and how that time was the best shape we'd ever been in, in our lives (at least that was the case for me...) Awww, the good ole days.

Nonetheless, Meelah, we are so proud of you. You worked so hard and truly deserve to be called a "Hall of Famer"!


Jadon stayed with Aunt Robbie (a.k.a. TT) for the evening and David and I got to go out and "celebrate" after the awards ceremony. This was the first time David and I had gone out to a bar since Jadon's birth. Let me tell you, soooo much has changed in Davis in the past few years. There are times when I feel like I have just graduated from college but this weekend was a very clear reminder that it's been a few years and I'm getting old.
For starters, I was tired and ready to go home by 11:30 p.m. --I remember the days when the night started at 11:00 p.m. Then I got repremanded (jokingly) by a friend who asked why I was drinking a Medori Sour. I replied that it was my "signature drink". She laughed at me and said, "You're not 20 anymore --you need a new, more mature, 'signature' drink". Last, I found myself scoffing at some of the girls who were passing by as we sat on the restaurant patio. They were wearing REALLY short mini-dresses --and were obviously on their way to the club next door to the restaurant. We found ourselves questioning if we ever wore such skimpy clothing as undergrads.

Needless to say, David and I had a great time out but the whole latter part of the evening had me thinking about my youth and the fact that I am entering a whole new decade in less than 6 months...
Here are some pictures from the event:




No comments:

Post a Comment