Monday, June 15, 2009

My Little One

I am the proud mom of an almost-8-month-old. Or, as David would say, "he is 7 months". I don't know why I always round up with his age. Anyway, he is truly a delight. As the school year has just ended and the summer break is beginning I am relishing on the fact that I now get to spend all day with him for the next 10-weeks.



I was thinking the other day about how much he has changed since my maternity leave ended back in February. He's talking --mostly through squeals, he can also say "da-da" (I'm still working on "ma-ma"). He's crawling and pulling up to the standing position. Today, he stood up while hanging onto the leg of his crib with one hand --dare devil! He is also truly developing a sense of humor. Yesterday, David was feeding him, David started laughing and then Jadon joined in the laughter just because David was doing it. It was so cute. Last but not least, he is getting into EVERYTHING!! I have to watch him constantly. This morning while playing in his room, he crawled over to his nightstand that has a bookshelf at the bottom. He proceeded to pull out nearly every single book. After he was done with that, he moved over to the bottom shelf of his changing table and pulled out four blankets. Needless to say, he keeps me busy.



Last night I was thinking about how the Lord has truly changed my heart since giving birth to Jadon. I am so much more emotional and vulnerable with him and everything else --be it a sentimental movie, greeting card, or commercial. Last night I watched the movie, "The Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith. I had watched it before Jadon was born and thought it was a good movie. But when I watched it last night, the emotion of the character's struggle to create a better life for himself and his son really struck me. As a parent, I could truly identify with that desire and it brought tears to my eyes. I didn't realize how big my heart could get --the crazy thing is, it continues to grow everyday.
Here's a few pictures of our munchin:



Jadon is truly a daddy's boy!






Playing in the tub.




Hanging out with ma-ma





I absolutely LOVE this face!









1 comment:

  1. Good blogging! Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon...

    - Shiloh

    ReplyDelete