Wednesday, December 15, 2010

'Tis the Season

Ever since Jadon’s arrival and especially now that we have Arrielle, I’ve fantasized about decorating for Christmas and having the kids help us. In my fantasy, we’d have hot cocoa, a nice wood-burning fire, and Christmas music to accompany our decorating activities. Well a few weeks ago, my dream came true minus the hot cocoa, and wood-burning fire. We (rather David) pulled out all of our Christmas decorations from the attic and we began decorating the house.



Here the boys strategize how to best accomplish the task at hand.



Let the decorating begin!








Arrielle, was such a sweetheart while watching all of the commotion. I can’t believe that next year she will be almost 18 months and will be able to physically help with the decorating. This revelation has just made my heart skip a beat…my goodness that is a crazy thought…



This year, Jadon was completely fascinated by all the sparkly ornaments and garland.






He helped David put the star on the top of the tree. And he helped me put up the stocking --or "socks" as he calls them.




Christmas is my most favorite time of the year. I love the hustle and bustle ofholiday shopping; I love the music; and I love the special memories we make with our loved ones. I clearly remember decorating the Christmas tree with my mom and dad. I also remember and loved watching all of the Christmas movies that come on TV during this season. I hope to develop some wonderful long-standing traditions with Jadon and Arrielle in the years to come. My hope is that when they’re older they will reminisce and think of this season fondly too.


The finished product!



The night ended with reindeer antlers and us singing “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” over, and over, and over again!













1 comment: